Sunday, March 29, 2009

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

In the days, weeks, and even months since we lost Kaitlyn I have been searching the internet for different support groups, information, etc. I came across a program/service called Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. It is a foundation of volunteers who are professional photographers that give their time, skills and equipment to photograph families with their baby who was stillborn or passed away shortly after birth. The photos are then professionally retouched and presented to the family on CD or DVD. A family member or medical professional just has to contact the area coordinator as soon as possible before the birth to allow time to find a volunteer. There are volunteers all over the world. What a beautiful way for families to remember their cherished babies. I wish I had known about this service. I would have loved to have beautiful, professional pictures of Kaitlyn. I encourage everyone to check out the website which gives background info, testimonials, finds local volunteers, and even has a forum for grieving parents and family members. If anyone knows of a family who is going through a similar loss, this would be a great piece of information to pass on and even to share with local medical professionals. The website is www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org

No comments:

Post a Comment