Thursday, July 23, 2009

"I'll never not remember you"

So I recently took out Kaitlyn's things again, just to look over and I started reading all the cards that we received after we lost Kaitlyn. It was so wonderful to read over the messages and be reminded of how many people care about Chris, Kaitlyn, and I. I teared up while reading the cards because it bought back some memories, but I'm so glad I kept them. There is comfort in reading those cards. I know that other people have moved on from our loss as there are other important things in their lives, but it was a great reminded of the love we did receive. There's one card in particular that I absolutely love, and it was perfect for the occasion. It has a picture of Christopher Robin and Winnie the Pooh standing on a wooden bridge looking over a river. The narration on the front of the card reads:
"Christopher Robin?" asked Pooh.
"Yes, Pooh Bear." replied Christopher Robin
"I'll never not remember you." said Pooh to Christopher Robin.

I love that line, "I'll never not remember you." Chris and I like to say that to Kaitlyn when we're looking at her stuff or even if we're talking about her.


I'll never "move on", I keep living life and enjoying what it brings, but I will always remember and think of my Kaitlyn. She's still in my thoughts for most of my days because everything reminds me of her or our dreams and plans for her.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing you story, and the music! glory baby was my daughters song from the moment that i found out that we had lost her... 40 week 5 days gestation, in the hospital for a scheduled induction. God bless you and your family. I tried to "follow" your blog, but couldn't find the option. If you would like someone to talk to, please e-mail me at clif_n_des_06.02.07@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete