Monday, June 22, 2009

Why Chris is a wonderful father

We celebrated Father's Day yesterday. It was good, although I felt that Chris didn't get the recognition he really deserves. He is a wonderful father. Even throughout my pregnancy, Chris would spend time talking and singing to my belly. He prayed for Kaitlyn almost every day. He eagerly participated in choosing out the things and he made some pretty good suggestions. We enjoyed talking about how we would raise our children and he loved listening to Focus on the Family to get some great ideas. He was eager to purchase parenting books and watch parenting shows so he could raise truly great kids. When we lost Kaitlyn Chris was always there for me and her. We cried together and he let me talk to him about my feelings. He was my safe place. He never told me that my emotions were wrong or that I was crying too much, he just there as a comfort. When I was in labour, Chris rubbed my back and stayed the night with me. He would get me anything I needed. When he held Kaitlyn, he was so natural with her. He held her and rocked her gently as he was talking to other people in the room, she belonged in his arms. He participated in all the arrangements for Kaitlyn and her memorial. He wanted to take the responsibility and provide for his daughter. Since we lost her Chris continues to spend time with Kaitlyn and I. He is often the one who suggests that we look through her things. He cradles her heart shaped box and cuddles with her blanket. He strokes her little hat and reads through the child dedication card and other mementos. He continues to discuss how we can include Kaitlyn in our family and he has lots of great ideas.

Chris is already excited about our future kids as well. We pray for our future children together and we continue to talk about how we want to raise our kids. He lets me go on and on about children's names and he even comes up with some good suggestion. After all, it was Chris who came up with the name Kaitlyn (although, he let me choose the spelling). He is excited about getting pregnant again and can't wait to bring more children into the world. I know he wants lots of kids. Chris is wonderful with his neices. He is patient and gives them lots of attention. He just adores them. He has so much love and I know he will just pour lots of love onto his own kids as well. There are so many reasons why Chris is already a great father so I want to wish him a Happy Father's Day, because he deserves it as much as any other father.

No comments:

Post a Comment