Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday, Kaitlyn

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn! I can't believe it's been an entire year since we last saw you and felt you. You were born at 11:43 pm on January 17tyh, 2009. I was so grateful to be able to spend so much time with you after you were born. You were held by lots of people, and loved by many more. You were so tiny and delicate, yet perfect and beautiful. You are a blessing in our lives and we think about you every day.

You dad and I have been thinking and planning for your 1st birthday for a while. It's hard to know what to do. We are celebrating your short life and remembering the day we spent with you. But we are also missing you and missing all the birthday parties you would have had.

Your dad and I just spent the day together, thinking of you. You were the first thought in our mind this morning. We decided to make you a cake, with pink frosting, of course. We also spent the day just out and about, then we enjoyed dinner together, and we talked about you. We came home and I made a rainbow sprinkle cake with pink frosting. I iced the cake when it was still warm, so the icing slipped down, but it was still delicious. I can imagine that you would have smashed the cake all over your face, and we would have taken so many pictures.....perhaps to show at your wedding.

We took out all your pictures and held your tiny hat and we read over the poems and sermons that were read at your Celebration of Life. We also looked at your Certificate of Dedication, which was given to us after Pastor Gary dedicated you on January 18th, 2009. I miss you soooo much, Kaitlyn. I love seeing your beautiful face, but it also breaks my heart that I can't kiss that face. Chris and I cried together, missing our beautiful baby girl, but it felt good to cry and to miss you. It's just another reminder of how deep and real our love for you is.

Your little brother kicked a few times while we were looking at your things. I think he was wishing you a happy birthday.

We love you, sweet girl, and there is never a day that goes by where we don't think of you.

Love always and forever,
your mommy and daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment