Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What helps grief

I've been thinking of all the different things that have helped me during my grief. One thing that has helped is validation from others. It helps to know that what I'm feeling is okay. I've gotten a lot of that from Chris. But something that helps my mood is a worship cd that was given to us by Jen, the worship/children's pastor from our church. That has been exactly what I have needed and has helped me climb out of times when I'm am feeling really down. It lets me focus on God, rather than on myself. It reminds me that He is bigger than all of this. There has been one song in particular that has been helpful. It's called "He is Exalted" and it was originally written by Twila Paris. I thought I would include the lyrics as well. I find this to be such a powerful song. One of the things that has continued to bother me is the loss of control that I experienced when I lost Kaitlyn. There is really nothing I could have done. This song reminds me to let go of the control that I seem to want to have over my life, it's such a relief to relinquish that kind of stress and let God be in control.

He is exalted the King is exalted on High
I will praise You
He is exalted forever exalted
And I will praise His name

He is exalted the King is exalted on High
I will praise Him
He is exalted forever exalted
And I will praise His name

He is the Lord
Forever His truth shall reign
Heaven and Earth
Rejoice in His holy name
He is exalted the King is exalted on high

No comments:

Post a Comment